Saturday, June 12: 2Samuel 7-The blessing of God

The chapter begins with a glimpse into David’s heart.  He longs to build a temple for his God. David didn’t have to do this.  It was a love-offering, a desire to thank and bless the Lord his God.

From this ensues a conversation between the Lord and David, in which God blesses David with an everlasting covenant. God will be a Father to David’s descendants and when they do wrong, God will correct them, but God will never forsake them. But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. Read that opening line, that eternal promise again…

But my love will never be taken away from him… That promise belongs to all of us who live in Christ! Once in God’s love, God will never take His love from us. Oh God might correct us, rebuke us and discipline us, BUT God will never stop loving us!

What a promise! What a gift! What a God!

Let the truth of God’s love soak into your bones… let it go deep… let it encourage you and strengthen you… (Don’t rush on, bask in God’s love for you.)

Meditate on it today.  What a wonderful preparation for worship tomorrow!

O, God, I am without words. Your love fills and engulfs me. I don’t know how to respond…and maybe that is best. I love You, Lord God, and I bless Your Name and I bask in Your never-ending love! Hallelujah Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment