Thursday, June 17: 2Samuel 11-David and Bathsheba.

O, Lord, where is the grip of sin strong in my life? Jesus, it is so much easier for me to point a finger at David or to analyze his issues and observe where sin began to tighten around his neck than it is to do the same with myself… this is NOT good. As long as I keep the examination of my life at arms length, I walk the dangerous precipice of sin; I dally with the dangerous, I flirt with failure.

Lord, I know this is true and yet I still struggle with self-examination.

Lord, show me the log in my eye… show me the sins in my life… show me where You would have me change, grow, learn, confess, repent, …

 

FYI: This morning was out of the ordinary for me. After reading the account of David’s sin with Bathsheba, I sat and almost immediately found myself talking with the Lord -the prayer I scribed above.  For me today was not so much musing about the text as I was glaring inward at the lack in my life and my need for healthy introspection… an intimate with the Lord.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment