Wednesday, June 23: 2Samuel 16-simply being with my Lord.

As I read this chapter, there were no thunderbolts, no big ‘a-hahs’. There weren’t even any deep devotional moments. The text seemed simply to carry the story along. David flees from his conspiring son Absalom. Some friends helping, some people seizing a moment curse… it was one of the most trying days for David.

But like I said, there weren’t really any connect points worthy of noting in this journal.

I thought about what I just wrote and realized life will have days like that … no thunder bolts from God. And yet, I know God is still there and the discipline of sitting with His Word, listening for His whispers and words –whether they come or not- is worth every moment I spend with Him.

Sometimes my wife and I chat up a storm, sometimes we sit, saying nary a word but being together side-by-side is the reward and blessing in its self.

The same was true for me today. God didn’t speak discernibly to me, but He was there and I was with Him and that was gift enough for today…

Lord God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I thank and bless You for being present today and always. It was good to sit and be with You today. Walk with me throughout the day… guide my path, show me what is right and what is wrong. Help me to live in such a way that my life points others to You. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment