Wednesday, June 2: 1Samuel 29-The Providence of God.

I was wondering what was going to happen. Would David fight for the Philistines -the enemies of God? Would he turn on the Philistines and join the fight alongside of Israel? Would he flee? What would he do?

In my heart, I don’t believe he would have fought against Israel. So how was he going handled the situation?

Well, God intervened. The other Philistines rulers demanded that David and his men be sent back. Achish complied against his desire and the problematic situation for David was resolved. I’m quite sure that David, being the person he was, had a plan but God had things sorted out. God is in control and in His often quiet ways God worked things out for the future king of Israel.

I have learned that I cannot presume on the providence of God but I see it around me all the time …

·       Three years ago feeling called by God to teach in Nigeria, I went to drop off all my papers for my visa. Leaving the Consulate to travel home, the visa intake person comes running after me. She had noticed a problem that would most certainly have denied my visa. I fixed it at her direction and in 10 days I had my visa. God, the Providence, at work.

I could fill blogs with other instances of the providence of God. We can’t presume on God. We need to do our part but then God shows up in unexpected ways determining that His Will, will be done!

I sat as I wrote, thinking about many other evidences of God’s providence in my life. My heart soared realizing how many times God has stepped into life… providence.

O, Lord, this morning as I read, meditate and pray, I am seeing just how often Your hand has appeared in my life…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment