Friday, May 11: -Ezekiel 26 - Who is Tyre today?.

 

On a geo-political map today, Tyre of the OT, would be in Lebanon. What does God say to Tyre? "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: When I make you a desolate city, like cities no longer inhabited, and when I bring the ocean depths over you and its vast waters cover you, then I will bring you down with those who go down to the pit, to the people of long ago. I will make you dwell in the earth below, as in ancient ruins, with those who go down to the pit, and you will not return or take your place in the land of the living. I will bring you to a horrible end and you will be no more. You will be sought, but you will never again be found, declares the Sovereign LORD" (19-21).

These words certainly stand true. A once thriving seafaring nation is a nobody on today’s world stage. The images I have of Lebanon come from the bombed-out city of Beirut. You will be sought, but you will never again be found, declares the Sovereign Lord. And it is so.

I have heard this lesson a 1000 times as I read through the Bible.  What God says He will do!

Instead of pondering this thought on the negative (judgment), I delighted in the firmness of God’s Word when it comes to salvation.

God says everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved (Romans 10:13). If God says it He will do it… reach out to Jesus by faith. Believe in Him, call out to Him and you will be saved. That’s truth!

O, Lord God, I stand on Your Word. Your promises are my foundation. Jesus is my Lord. And You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, are my God. Praise be to You. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment