Saturday, May 5: - Ezekiel 21 - Always a 'because'.

More words of judgment and annihilation, I weary. The burden is great upon me, reading this day after day. I wonder what it must have been like for Ezekiel to be the bearer of all this down-casting news.

The word that caught my eye I found in verse 24 Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: 'Because you people have brought to mind your guilt by your open rebellion, revealing your sins in all that you do--because you have done this, you will be taken captive. Within this sentence is one particular word ‘because.’

The Lord has reasons for His judgments. The Almighty has a basis for sending the sword of Babylon down upon Jerusalem.

The Lord God is not capricious or whimsical, fancying blessing one day and the sword the next because He got up on the wrong side of the bed one day. Not at all!

As I meditate on this, I realize God always has His reasons. I may not understand them, which is often the case… my thoughts are not his thoughts (Isaiah 55:8).

This ‘thought-trail’ leads me to recognize God is so much greater than I. God is God and I am not.

Literally my head bows… adoration, praise, worship, veneration, honor, respect…these I owe God. The Lord God Almighty sits on the throne with the right and reason to judge all peoples of the earth…

Crown Him with many crowns, the Lamb upon His throne. Hark! How the heavenly anthem drowns all music but its own. Awake, my soul, and sing of Him who died for thee, And hail Him as thy matchless King through all eternity.

Crown Him the Lord of lords, who over all doth reign, Who once on earth, the incarnate Word, for ransomed sinners slain, Now lives in realms of light, where saints with angels sing Their songs before Him day and night, their God, Redeemer, King.

 

Praise to the Lord the Almighty the King of creation. O my soul praises him for he is my health and salvation… All you who hear now to his temple draw near, join me in glad adoration! Amen.

Praise to the Lord, who over all things so wondrously reigneth. Shelters me under His wings, yea, so gently sustaineth! Has thou not seen how thy desires ever have been Granted in what He ordaineth?

 

 

PS there are times when some of the lasting and great hymns of the church are the only words I can pray…

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment