Friday, May 25: -Ezekiel 38 - God reveals Himself in many ways.

I’m not sure I understand what is going on here.  What I do have a handle on, however, is the ending. Gog will loose and as the text says of God, I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD' (23).

One of the reoccurring messages of Ezekiel is that God will show Himself to be God and people will know that He is the Lord! Numerous times the statement is made that ‘they will know I am the Lord.’

God shows Himself to be God through punishment of Israel and through grace to Israel. God shows Himself to be God when He judges other nations and now when Gog is defeated.

I thought about this… God shows Himself to be God in many ways.

Philippians reminds us that eventually ‘every knee will bow to Jesus.’ Eventually God will eventually show Himself to be God to everyone!

I don’t know when that day will come.  However, clearly that day is coming.

Before it comes we have an opportunity to willingly bow to God through faith in Jesus and be saved or we can face the wrath of God when that day comes and God forces everyone to recognize and acknowledge Him as God by force…

Hmmm, that means today we still have a choice.  Choose faith in God now and be saved or reject God now and bow to Him when He returns to claim allegiance as the conquering King.

Think about it…

Lord, God, I bow to You today. I give myself to You. I believe in Jesus and I will follow Him as Lord and God of my life. Amen.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment