Tuesday, May 22: Ezekiel 35 - God cares for me.

I sat wondering what Israel heard when they read this word against Edom. I suspect they heard things like, “God has not forgotten us. The Lord is standing for us. Yahweh is reaping justice for us.” To broken hearts feeling pain for their own judgments who have just been told that the Shepherd will care for them (chapter 34), this chapter would be received as a first act of God’s renewed love toward them.

The essence of this chapter is this, “Because of how they treated you, because of what they said about you, I will repay them. I will take care of you.”

These are words any victim appreciates hearing…

As I prepare to bow my head, I personalize this word to me and these words rumble through my thoughts, “God cares for me. God has my back. God will support and fight for me in my day of trouble…”

Lord, I can do life alone or I can do life standing beside You. I choose the latter. I choose to stand with You, to follow Your lead, yes, to obey Your directives and to act as You want people to act. I choose You, Lord. I choose You.

To be Your child, Oh God, is wonderful. To bear Your name, live under Your umbrella and to represent You with my life and actions… what an honor and joy. What peace it brings, what strength it gives. Father, Spirit, Son, I adore and worship You… Aleluia, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment