Thursday, May 10: -Ezekiel 25 - God watches over His own.

Ammon, Edom, Moab and Philistia were the four countries that surrounded Israel. None wanted Israel to flourish, each independently worked against Israel as a nation.

God watched out for Israel and now was His time to punish these nations for their actions against Israel.

God defends His people. God watches over His people. Psalm 121 comes to mind. I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you-- the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

I spent my time remembering my years and the many times and places where God’s hand was obviously at work shielding and strengthening me.

Lord God, the joy and the peace, the wonder and amazement that You my God would care for me in these real ways. Your hand has guided me and protected me. When I was far less than perfect You didn’t give up on me. You continue to keep Your eye on me.

Praise be to You, Lord God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Alleluia Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment