Thursday, May 3: -Ezekiel 19 - Do not gloat when others are rebuked.

There is no joy in correction and rebuke.

Ezekiel laments. He sings a song of sadness. He brackets his lament with an invitation for readers to join him in lament. Take up a lament concerning the princes of Israel (1)…. This is a lament and is to be used as a lament (14).

Do not gloat when sisters are rebuked. Do not rejoice when brothers are corrected. Instead weep, cry, be broken, lament. How sad it is. How sad those times are.

Let humility fill you, even break you, when God finds it necessary to rebuke or correct a brother or sister in Christ.

These are the meditations I have reading the lament of Ezekiel 19.

Lord, break any arrogance in me and Lord there is much. I am a sinner, a man of unclean lips and I live among a people of unclean lips. I am no better than any other. Forgive me.

I pray in Jesus’ name, Lord of glory, who suffered the scourger’s whip and Roman cross to pay for my sins. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment