Wednesday, February 10: Genesis 27- Change is possible.

Can a leopard change his spots? Can a person change his behavior?

This is where my wonderings and musings started as I pondered this chapter. Jacob has been a deceiver since birth. Twice he underhandedly stole his brothers Esau’s heritage. Once he seized a moment that presented itself and in today’s chapter he obeyed mama and premeditated the thievery of his brother’s first born blessing. It seems Jacob would do what he could do to get what he wanted.

Would he be like that all of his life?

Can a person change and grow and mature; shedding some of his selfish ways?

Today’s chapter doesn’t answer this question… I will have to read the rest of Jacob’s life to see if he can grow and change in this area.

But the question remains. Can a person change and grow?

I believe so… especially when one bows a knee to Jesus and God implants a new heart in the person. Such is the promise of God.

With the Lord’s strength, a person can gain victory over sin and begin living a new more mature and selfless life, growing in the character of Jesus and the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

I am a very different person because Jesus is Lord of my life. Imperfect still, but growing in my love for God and people.

This morning as I review my life, I see how much Jesus has brought into my life and how faith in Him has helped me change and mature.  You can know the wonderful life change of Jesus, too. Choose to follow Him and watch where He will lead you.

Thank You, Lord, Jesus, for all the blessings You have brought into my life. I would not be half the man I am without You. I love YOU and I offer You all of my days. Continue Your work in me so that I grow more and more like You. I pray in Your name, Jesus. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment