Wednesday, February 24: Genesis 39- A God-honoring approach to life .

A portion of verse 9 caught my attention: …How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God? This is what Joseph said to Potiphar’s wife when she tried to seduce him.

It was the idea that God played such an important part in his life that Joseph didn’t want to sin against God that got me.

It wasn’t fear of losing his job… it was doing the wrong thing in God’s eyes that controlled Joseph’s behavior. That’s a powerful thought as it sinks into me. It is not just being a good person that motivates Joseph; it is honoring God with his life.

What a God-honoring approach to life, I thought.

That’s the way I want to live… having the automatic response to honor God in whatever situation I find myself in…

How about you? How do you want to live your life? What will be your center and foundation? Think about it.

Lord, Joseph apparently changed. He seems to have grown up and matured. The arrogance and self-centeredness that seems to govern his young life appears to have been washed away by the trials he endured. Joseph, the adult, is someone to emulate.  Lord, I ask for strength to do just that, emulate Joseph and his love for You and his willingness to face the consequences of a living a life that honors You. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment