Monday, June 13: Psalm 103- Praise the Lord.

The group of Psalms I am reading right now are so wonderful as a day starter. They breathe life into me as the sun rises. What a blessing these words are as I start today.

Praise the LORD, my soul;

all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

Praise the LORD, my soul,

and forget not all his benefits—

who forgives all your sins

and heals all your diseases,

who redeems your life from the pit

and crowns you with love and compassion,

who satisfies your desires with good things

so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s (1-5).

The love and joy of the Lord rolls into my being as I take these words to heart. Praise the Lord… forget not his benefits, sings the Psalmist and then he gives us reasons to forget not God’s benefits and blessings…

God forgives…

God heals…

God redeems… (not only in the future but life right now)

God satisfies…

God renews… life

Those 5 verbs give ample fertilizer for my mediations today (and any day).

Launched by these verbs I pondered, the goodness of God flooded into my life and the lives of those I love most dearly.

I considered the many forgivenesses that God has showered on me…

I thanked God for my health and the ways He has healed me and those I love…

I replayed and remembered the many times I was in a bind or heading down a dark path that God redeemed me and brought me back into the light.

I thought about all the satisfaction God has ushered my way.

I reviewed my life and reminded myself of the many times I was flagging in energy and stamina to continue. God poured in what I needed, renewing my life for the next step, next stage, next season…

The Lord has been there throughout my life when I recognized Him and when I did not. God has been faithful even when I was not.  My heart and mind soared with praise to my God.

I literally sang with the Psalmist:

Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles

Amen and amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment