Wednesday, June 15: Psalm 105- What has God done for you?.

The Psalm begins, Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done (1). The Psalmist goes on to recite many of the great things the Lord did for Israel.

And the thought hit me.  When was the last time I sat and recounted what the Lord has done for me?  Here are a few of my recountings as I sat considering what the Lord has done for me.

Living in Boston, scraping by as I attended seminary, we received an unsolicited $500 check one day from a college friend. The note read something like, “Our gift to the Lord as we are moving and are between churches this month. God bless.” Oh, my, an incredible gift at precisely the right moment.

Thank You, Lord.

About a year into seminary, I learned that my MS Thesis was published in a Welding Journal and it won an award as the outstanding welding article for the year. I was not able to go to receive the award with my professor and his primary PhD student, who actually wrote the article from my thesis research, but they did forward the $150 prize for the award to me, which came at another time of need.

Thank You, Lord.

The blessing of protection shown to our family... three accidents come to mind, a car totaled, a child hit by a car, and a 30+fall out of a tree. Each one could have been sooooo much worse.

Thank You, Lord.

And so the projector of my mind whirled with remembrance after remembrance of God’s goodness to me and my family.

How about you?  When was the last time you listed some of the Lord’s graciousness in your life?

Thank You, Lord, for all You have done. May my life help to spread Your name and fame across this globe. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment