Friday, September 23: Psalm 122- God's presence.

I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the LORD.” Our feet are standing in your gates, Jerusalem (1-2).

Reading this Psalm, my thoughts pictured pilgrims marching to Jerusalem, singing and praising as they travel. They made it. They crossed the gates; they are home. They are now in God’s home, the city of the Great King.

My thoughts flipped to my ‘home coming,’ when I, too, will stand in the city of the Great King. I’m thinking not of some physical place on earth, but eternity… heaven, the new heaven and new earth, where God will reign forever and ever.

I’m not thinking of death or the process of dying, rather I am picturing that instant transportation into God’s full glory, that moment when faith becomes sight.

Oh, what a day that will be… to see and hear the voice of the Savior, to be surrounded by throngs of witnesses who have kept and passed along the faith throughout the ages, to be in the presence of absolute glory, to raise my voice with the millions singing to Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb who is and who was…

I just sat with these thoughts filling my head and heart.  The pressures and good things of this world faded away, paled by the wonder and awe of that day when I am home in the city of my God.

Until then I hold on, allowing faith to breathe its best into me, praying that my life during these intervening years brings glory to my Kin, That it will  introduce others to the King and fights for justice that will honor my King.

Praise be to You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. You alone deserve honor and praise and power and glory. Amen and Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment