Tuesday, September 27: Psalm 125- the blessing of trusting in the Lord.

I have a friend who is constantly reminding me to use word-pictures when I speak and communicate. Word-pictures are memorable, especially when they grow out of the experiences of the people with whom you are communicating.

The Psalmist uses an incredible word-picture, particularly considering that songs of ascents were often sung as people were trudging up Mount Zion toward Jerusalem.

Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore (1-2).

I have been to Jerusalem, not as dramatic as say the Rocky Mountains, it is nonetheless an imposing sight when you come from the plains. And the picture says it all.

God will protect us. God will guard us…

Other word-pictures pop into my thoughts.

Those who trust in the Lord are as safe as the gold in Fort Knox.

Those who trust in the Lord are like the President of the US in Air Force One, safe and secure.

As a baby is safe in her mother’s arms, so those who trust in the Lord are safe.

I sit with a thankful heart… God is watching over me. I am His and He is mine.

Lord, thank You for this reminder of Your love, protection, and care. I praise You, Lord, and I bless Your name. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment