Wednesday, September 21: Psalm 120- Longing for a new 'home'.

Despair engulfs the Psalmist. He longs for a change… a new home of peace. Most of us have been there. I know I have. Tumultuous times, difficult times, times when those around us seek to drag us down to their pit of despair.

The Psalmist leans into the Lord…

I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. Save me, LORD, from lying lips and from deceitful tongues.

The Psalmist has learned the truth.  Only God can change our circumstances, only the Lord can move us from the land of despair to the place of peace. Whether literal or descriptive, it matters not. I know I have faced those times when my station in life is wracked with voices trying to change me in ways that are not compatible with my faith in Jesus.

God whispers to me this morning… trust Me. Call out to Me. Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28). Good times, bad times, horrendous times, God is there with us. Turn to Him. Reach out to Him. Call out with parched lips, save me, Lord. And wait to see what the Lord will do…

This is the word that fills my heart as I sit with Jesus, the Father and the Spirit this morning.

Help me to remember Your Word, O Lord, when days of heartache come. You alone are my strength and refuge. You have become and will always be my refuge. Praise be to You, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment