Monday, September 19: Psalm 117-118- The Lord.

Although not directly linked, these two Psalms declare and praise the greatness of the Lord.

For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. (Ps 117:2 & 118:1)

As I read the lengthy Psalm 118 the prominence of ‘the Lord’ was striking.

·         The Lord was with me (6 &7),

·         I cried to the Lord (5),

·         It is better to take refuge in the Lord than… (8&9)

·         So and so surround me, but in the name of the Lord I will cut them down (10, 11, 12)

And so the Psalm declares on and on. The Lord is the difference in the Psalmist’s life. In battle and in life the Lord makes the difference because the Lord is God (27) and the Lord is my God, and I will praise you; you are my God, and I will exalt you (28).

The flow of this Psalm burrowed into me… The Lord, the Lord, the Lord has done mighty things because the Lord is God and He is my God.

I joined the Psalmist in DECLARING that the Lord is my God and I recalled things He has done and how mighty is His name. As I did this a surge of joy and presence filled me. The Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever. As He has been with the Psalmist, so He will be with me.  My memories are living proof to the presence, power and activity of the Lord. How could I not join the choruses of praise to the Lord?

Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD (Psalm 117). Alleluia. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment