Wednesday, September 28: Psalm 126- When God comes through.

When God comes through for us… those were the first words that erupted in my thoughts as I read this Psalm.

When God comes through as He regularly does… how do I react?

The psalmist cried: …we were like those who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, “The LORD has done great things for them” (1-2).

When the Lord comes through… do I shout and laugh? Do I say, “Look at the great things the Lord has done?”

Do you???

Learning to be more expressive in joy (and sorrow) is a learning curve for me. I am quiet and reserved. And though I do not think God is requiring me to change, He might just be asking me to grow more expressive about life and particularly His touch in my life.

Oh, Lord, teach me Your ways. Lead me, show me how to be more expressive in both joy and sorrow, particularly about Your wonderful work in my life during my times of joy and sorrow. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment