Saturday, September 24: Psalm 123- I need you Lord .

Short and directly to the point, “I need you Lord” is the essence of this Psalm. I lift up my eyes to you, to you who sit enthroned in heaven (1), in tones of the Psalmist. Have mercy on us, LORD, have mercy on us, for we have endured no end of contempt (3).

Thus we have the heart of the Psalm. I look to You, God. I need You, O Lord!

Sometimes the simplest prayers are the most profound and heartfelt.

God does not judge our prayers by their length or their gravitas. No, God looks to the heart of the pray-er. Honest, real words find the ears of the Lord.

I am reminded by this Psalm at times when illustrious words escaped me, and all I could do was cry out, “God help.” No flowing verse, no descriptions of God’s Majesty, just a heartfelt cry for help or mercy.

God hears our cries. The Psalmist knew it and I know it…

Oh, God, thank You for being there with and for me. Thank You that when my words are few because my heart is hurting or scared You still hear me. Thank You, thank You, Thank You, Lord, for all Your care and love and for being there ALL THE TIME. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment