Friday, September 9: Deuteronomy 29- Everything I need to know for faith to flourish.

The final words of this chapter drew me in. The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law (29).

These words hold truth to this day. The secret things belong to the Lord. He is the Master of all things and all knowledge. This is why the devil was lured into the trap of killing Jesus and thus assuring his defeat. God knew the secret things. God knew that Jesus’ atoning death would defeat the devil and his ways.

But the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of [God’s Scriptures]. Yes, my task is to know what I can know, which is to know God’s Scriptures. It alone contains what God has made known. It is everything one needs to live in harmony with the Lord; it reveals Jesus Christ who is to be confessed and worshiped as Lord. And the Scriptures are not ours to keep to ourselves; they are ours to make known to our children and the peoples of the world.

There are things about God that I will never know this side of eternity. However, everything I need to know to have faith and believe in Him has been revealed in the Scriptures, the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible.

Lord, I pledge my life to knowing Your Word and, therefore, knowing all You have revealed for me to know about You. Praise to You, Lord God, the one God who is, who always has been, and always will be. Amen and Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment