Saturday, September 10: Deuteronomy 30- the Lord is my life!.

I love the line I bolded in the midst of the closing paragraph.

This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (19-20).

For the Lord is your life! What a rich truth. Oh, to fill my thoughts with this Word. The Lord is my life. The Lord is my life!

I just keep chewing on these words… the Lord is my life. Not ‘part of my life’ or ‘connected to my life.’ The Lord IS my life. He is the totality of my life. I turned the sentence over and over. Without Him I have no life.

Eventually I even reversed the order: My life is the Lord. Somehow this emphasized my responsibility in making the Lord my life. I had to own the truth…

I continued to tumble this around. The wonder of this truth filled me and praise began to break forth

Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me bless His holy name…

The Lord is my strength and my song, He has become my victory…

The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in love…

The Lord is my light and my salvation…

The Lord is my everything. Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment