Saturday, September 17: Psalm 116- Rest, God's peace-filled rest.

The Psalmist is effervescent with appreciation and praise for the Lord. Clearly the Lord has reached down and saved the psalmist in some way(s) and the psalmist is praising God for His goodness.

In the midst of this Psalm, verse 7 connected with my heart. My sleep has been disturbed lately, waking often, uncomfortable dreams, and restless sleep. I cannot put my finger on anything in particular going on in my life. Overall I would say life is in a good place, no particular worries and yet, my sleep is not refreshing.

As my eyes lit on verse 7, it was as if it was a promise extended to me… Return to your rest, my soul, for the LORD has been good to you. Could it be that I have ‘forgotten’ all the wonderful things the Lord has done and is doing in my life? Is it that I am fixated on the few pressures I have? Maybe. Maybe.

My heart seems to hear, “Focus on Me. Look around and recall all the ways I am active in your life. See My hand, and be at rest. I am with You. Nothing reaches you that has not gone through My hand. Rest in this. Rest in Me, my child.”

I felt a wash of peace come over me. The Lord has spoken to me. The word came alive. I am the Lord’s.

Alleluia sings my soul. Alleluia.

Lord God, I thank You for this reassurance of Your love and care. I bless You because You have cared and are caring for me. I join the Psalmist singing… I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live (1-2). Amen and Alleluia.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment