Friday, April 13: -Ezekiel 2 - God's call.

What an incredibly dramatic scene. What a dramatic call. One day Ezekiel is going about his normal life when God breaks in.

Most of me cannot relate with Ezekiel’s experience. Being swept up in a vision, seeing things for which you have no context. Hearing the voice of Almighty God issuing you a call to go and do something. This is so beyond anything I have experienced.

I wondered if God choose a dramatic call for Ezekiel because God knew Ezekiel would have a difficult assignment and would need to lean on this life changing moment during the hard times to come. I wondered?

This prompted meditations on God’s call. God’s call to follow Jesus and God’s call to each believer to do the good works God has prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:10). These calls are equally life changing…

Lord God, I pray that I live out my call to follow Jesus and to do the good works You have for me to do with the fervor of Ezekiel, like someone who was taken up into heaven and heard from You in person. May this be so, Lord. Amen. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment