Friday, April 20: -Ezekiel 8 - What do you do in secret.

 

He said to me, "Son of man, have you seen what the elders of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each at the shrine of his own idol? They say, 'The LORD does not see us… (12). Priests were doing despicable things in secret, and God shows Ezekiel a vision of these things.

Hmmm… God sees what we believe to be secret!?!

I sat with this thought for a while before I could capture my thoughts. I believe this; I believe God is all-knowing and omnipresent. And yet, there was something about this scene… God revealing to His prophet that men are sneaking around doing things they know to be contrary to the way God wants them to live.

It struck me how easily we can dupe ourselves into thinking we can ‘get away’ with this or that. Maybe other people won’t discover what we are doing, but God knows.

You can guess where I went in my meditations. What do I do when no one is watching? What do I think, say, scheme about … when alone? What do you do behind closed doors or late at night when no one else in the family is up and watching? The fact that God knows is jolting.

Think about it…

Oh, God, I feel laid bare. You see and hear the worst me. Oh, how much I need a Savior.

Thanks be to You, Oh God, that You sent Jesus to be my Savior. Thanks be to You, O God, that Jesus paid the perfect price to atone for my sins.

Thanks be to You, Oh God, for Your salvation plan and Your great love.

Praise to You, Oh God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment