Saturday, April 21: - Ezekiel 9 - Grieving when God's will is not done.

Often my times with the Lord are introspective regarding my behavior and life. Today through verse for, God lifted my eyes first to the whole of His family and after that to my response to their behavior.

In verse four, God sends a census-taker throughout Jerusalem to record those grieving over faithless living. "Go throughout the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it."

This verse caused me to consider my response to faithless living within the Church in my day. I see things that make me scratch my head. I cannot fathom how people justify certain actions from scripture.

The text asks me, “Have I grieved over these things?”

Probably not. I can get self-righteous (not something I am proud of…) but I am not sure my heart breaks with the broken heart of God.

Ugh, re-reading verse four, I realize that I fall short of God’s Gory. I lack the heart of God, a heart that grieves and laments when His children do detestable things…

Lord, I see so much spiritual need in my life, so may areas that need healing and growth and transformation. Woe am I, I am a man of unclean heart…

Cleanse me that I might be clean. Wash me that I might be whiter than snow. In the name of my Savior, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment