Wednesday, April 18: Ezekiel 6 - So you know I am the Lord.

Here is another judgment against Israel for unfaithfulness, for doing detestable things (11). This Word from the Lord concludes, Then they will know that I am the LORD (14b).

God is bringing this judgment, this calamity, so that Israel knows that the Lord is God, so that they understand God does not threaten in vain (10).

As I read and reread this chapter, the thought crept into my mind, “What will it take for you to know the God of the Bible is the Lord? What do you need to be convinced that what God has said in His Word He will do.  That God is for real? What will it take?”

Many in Israel never got it. In good times or hard times, in the face of a miracle or calamity, they paid no attention or rationalized God away, or did what ever they did in order to avoid believing and following God.

Please, I beg you, do not be like those in Israel

What will it take for you to believe in the Lord God Almighty, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the God of the Old and New Testaments? What will it take?

Lord, I pray this morning for people who do not yet believe in You. Lord, I pray that, by Your grace, they do not harden their hearts beyond repair. I pray even more that they be motivated to seek You and that You reveal Yourself to them.

Lord, I offer myself to play any part in the process that You desire… so that people presently disconnected from You will come to know, love, and serve You asLord and God and Savior. Through Jesus, the Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment