Monday, April 16: Ezekiel 4 - I am to do what?!?.

I cannot wrap my head around what God has asked Ezekiel to do! For a year plus, he is to lie where everyone can see him, tied up on one side eating next to nothing, cooked over cow dung; a living sign of what God will do to Israel and Judah. I don’t have words or thoughts….

Little wonder, a thought sparks, that God gave Ezekiel such a dramatic vision as his call. Surely Ezekiel must have held on to that vision of the Lord as he lay on his side in front of all the people.

How can I dare whine and complain about anything God has asked me to do, compared to what was asked of Ezekiel?....

As sovereign Lord, God calls the shots. Period. End of story.

Lord, forgive me for ever complaining about anything You have asked me to do. I am ashamed at my lack of dedication, resolve and fervor to serve You. Ezekiel, every bit a human as I am, puts me to shame. His dedication and faithfulness causes me to see my lack…

Forgive me, I pray, and strengthen me so that my life might be a living witness to Your sovereignty. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment