Thursday, April 19: -Ezekiel 7 - Does a rope have an end?.

Frightening words… “The end had come.” Six times that phrase or one saying the same thing is spoken in the first ten verses. This is not a pretty picture.

Yes, a rope has an end, and the Lord God has reached the end of His rope with Israel. The end has come! The end has come! It has roused itself against you. It has come! (6).

Those words frighten me. They are words I never want to hear. They carry the Lord’s anger. His patience has run out. Israel has rejected and rejected and rejected every overture by God, wooing His people to return to Him. Instead they persist in their run after other gods… foreign gods, money & wealth as god, anything but the one true God.

But these other gods will do them no good now. Their silver and gold will not be able to save them in the day of the LORD's wrath. They will not satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it, for it has made them stumble into sin. They were proud of their beautiful jewelry and used it to make their detestable idols and vile images. Therefore I will turn these into an unclean thing for them (19-20).

How sad that anyone might run out of rope… spiritual rope.

It happens when people die without having turned to the Lord Jesus for Salvation. Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment (Hebrews 9:27).

Oh, God, thank You for opening my eyes to the salvation that is by faith in Jesus Christ. I pray, Lord, use my words, use my actions, use my life, use me Lord as Your instrument to open the eyes of people still blind to Jesus…

I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment