Wednesday, April 11: Hebrews 13- Jesus.

In a chapter with so many practical statements for living faith in Jesus, I wondered as I read, where to spend my meditations. The entirety of verses 20-21 won my hearts reflections for this morning.

May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I first noticed and mused over the whole of this sentence with its descriptions of Jesus… blood of the eternal covenant; Lord Jesus; great Shepherd of the sheep; Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Each phrase laden with richness fed my thoughts about my Savior Jesus. Blood reminding me of what He did for me and for the world. The title, Lord, telling me that Jesus is God. If He is the great Shepherd then I am one of His sheep.  This took me to the 23rd Psalm, and so, on my time with the Lord went…

With Good Friday and Easter still fresh in my mind, this morning was a beautiful time with my Lord and God.

Praise be to You, Lord Jesus. Glory be to You, Lord Jesus. My heart sings, my heart delights in You, my God. Please equip me with everything good so that I might do Your will and in so doing, bring glory to Your name and to the name of my triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment