Wednesday, April 4: Hebrews 7- The perfect offering.

This very Jewish chapter about Jesus ushering in a new order of priesthood, culminates with a grand pronouncement, Therefore he [Jesus] is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Such a high priest meets our need--one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself (25-27).

Able to save completely: the grand statement of our faith; salvation through Jesus is complete and permanent. We add nothing to our salvation. Jesus does it all. His sacrifice is perfect, fulfilling all law and righteousness. And since salvation is a work of God -a complete work of God- once received it cannot be undone.

He always lives to intercede: Jesus lives to pray for you and for me.  Oh, what a thought! Jesus is before Almighty God’s throne interceding for us! The Perfect One praying the perfect prayer for you and me! Hallelujah!

Sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself: the sacrifice Jesus offered was not goats or rams; it was himself on the cross of Calvary. The perfect One offered the perfect gift -Himself. And this is why salvation in Jesus is perfect and complete.

Wonderful meditation to begin my day… thank You, Lord.

Lord Jesus, I sit awestruck again by the wonder of Your grace and love and sacrifice for me. You gave Yourself for me. What can I say?

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of Creation. O my soul sings, for You are my health and salvation. All you who hear, now to His holiness draw near. Join me in glad adoration!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment