Monday, April 2: Hebrews 5- Jesus as priest.

A priest stands between people and God. They offer sacrifices, hear requests and speak for God to people. Jesus Christ filled the position of priest standing between us and Almighty God. Interestingly, Jesus Himself is God, God who took on human flesh.

Meditating on Jesus as our High Priest took me to the wonder and gift of the sacrifice He offered, the sacrifice of Himself on the cross.

As we enter this Holy Week, I find myself meditating upon Jesus’ incredible gift and what it means for Jesus, God in human flesh, to offer His life in my place on the cross. As high priest, Jesus offered Himself as the sacrifice for my sins, your sins, the sins of the world. All we have to do is acknowledge Jesus and receive His offered sacrifice and we are free from sin and granted eternal life to boot! What a deal! I hope and pray you have accepted Jesus’ deal.

Jesus, thank You for all You do and all You have done for me and for others. Thanks be to God that You gave us all this gift. I pray that this week, in particular, I spend time thanking and praising You for the gift of salvation through faith in You. Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment