Monday, April 23: Ezekiel 10 - The radiance of God.

This chapter was a head scratcher for me. All the imagery left me a bit empty. After reading I wondered, “Lord, what’s here for me today? What can build my faith?”

The imagery was a brick wall for me.

I scanned the chapter a second time. My eyes lighted on verse four… I was drawn to the radiance of God. Then the glory of the LORD rose from above the cherubim and moved to the threshold of the temple. The cloud filled the temple, and the court was full of the radiance of the glory of the LORD.

I found myself trying to picture the court of the temple filled with the radiance of God. What would it actually be like to see the radiance of God, I wondered. My heart sputtered… to be in the presence of God and to see God. I don’t think I would have words to describe it. No wonder the chapter is filled with imagery, how else could mere man explain what it is like being in the presence of the radiance of God?

I went back to imagining being in the presence of God. I felt like God could see through any pretense I might have. That He could see into the depth of my being. And yet His glory is beyond what I could describe. Oh, the glory of the presence and radiance of God.

Lord, some day I will see You face to face. How wonderful that will be. In that moment all doubt will fall away. Lord, hold me and keep me safe until that day. Fill me with enough of Your presence that I can function here on earth to Your honor and glory. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment