Saturday, April 7: Hebrews 10- .

I sit here between two great events of our faith, Good Friday -the day of ultimate sacrifice- and tomorrow Easter Sunday- the day of ultimate vindication. Today feels like limbo, a day of waiting.

As I turned to the text, the non-biblical heading for chapter 10 in my NIV started meditations whirling. It reads, “Christ’s Sacrifice Once for All.”

Immediately I began to consider Jesus’ gift on Calvary. Then almost as if I had been primed, my eyes lit on verse 10: And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. I heard Jesus’ cry from the cross, “It is finished” as He breathed His last (John 19:30).

No longer are bulls and goats needed for sacrifice, Jesus’ sacrifice was sufficient. It was once,for all, forever. It fulfilled God’s demand for atonement perfectly in every way.

What a perfect way to spend the day between Good Friday and Easter… contemplating the perfect sacrifice of Jesus and all that His sacrifice gains for those who believe.

Do you believe in Jesus? Do you?

Lord God, fill my thoughts and soul with images, feelings, impressions,and truth about Jesus’ gift on the cross today. Allow me to stew in it, to steep in it, to be saturated by Jesus’ great gift of atonement. Fill me with wonder that Jesus would do this for me… through Jesus, I pray. Amen

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment