Saturday, April 28: - Ezekiel 15 - How do you say good for nothing?.

How do you say ‘good for nothing’? Ezekiel paints a word-picture of a wild vine. Any grapes it might produce are uneatable and its wood is useless, except for a fire. What if it was tossed in a fire and charred, but not consumed/ Now the charred piece is even more useless since it isn’t even good for the fire any more! That’s Ezekiel’s word-picture for useless.

The useless vine is Jerusalem.

My heart is sad. This once great and beautiful city, the home of God on earth, is useless.

Jerusalem be warned, that which is only good for the fire will eventually end up in the fire!

My own heart hears a warning, “Don’t grow complacent in faith. Continually seek after the Lord. Grow in faith, in love for God and others, in good deeds.”

Think about this…

Oh, God, may I never presume upon You or the state of my faith in You. May I continually be seeking after You. Through Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment