Friday, January 11: Genesis 10- We have a story.

Name lists don’t rock my devotional world. I am not one interested in acestery.com. I don’t know much about my grandparents and my particular heritage. But I found myself thinking as I read this list of names…

We all have a story! We each have a history, we have a lineage and we are connected to others.

The next thought I had is that God Almighty knows our story. God knows we our history. And the first ten chapters of Genesis records that our history and our story are connected with and to God Almighty.

God knows our story… we are important to God.

God is part of our story… God should be important to us.

Thank You, Lord God, for creating us… me. Thank You, Lord God, for telling me our story… my story. And Thank You, Lord God, for showing me that my story is because of You. You created, You initiated, You recorded and You remember our story… my story.  Thank You, Lord God. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment