Tuesday, January 1, 2013: Genesis 1- God! .

As I began reading I decided to count the occurrences of the name ‘God’ and ‘He’ and other pronouns when it referred to God. Thirty eight (38) was my count. Thirty eight (38) times this chapter references God creating and speaking.
Being the opening chapter of the Bible, it is clear God is the main player. This chapter opens God’s story, God’s story as God relates to the world and to humans whom God created to fill and rule over the earth.
I found myself marveling at God and God’s creation. In fact I was sitting in Colorado surrounded by mountains and beauty as I wrote this devotional and I had just left southern CA with its beaches and beauty… so the majesty of God and His creation was vivid in my mind. God created all of this and then He created us to share in it.  Wow!!…
Then I thought for a few minutes about God’s desire to connect and communicate with us, humans of His creation.
What an incredible way to start the day, contemplating the creator God, who made heaven and earth and made me and you to live in relationship with Him…
I am breathless, no words form on my lips. I am in awe of You, dear Lord. I praise You and I love You. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment