Wednesday, January 30: Genesis 26- Moved by the hand of God.

I found it intriguing how the Lord used adversity, particularly the issue of wells and water, over many years to move Isaac to Beersheba where God then reaffirmed His covenant with Isaac. That night the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham" (26). God uses unique ways to move us to the place in our life where we can see and receive Him.

Isaac who grew up with plenty, was taken through times of trouble and moving until God revealed Himself to Isaac.

I think back over my own life and with 20-20 hindsight I see how the hand of God was active moving, prompting and orchestrating me to a place where I would say ‘Yes’ when God revealed Himself to me.

How about you? Has the Lord God of the Bible revealed Himself to you? Have you said, “Yes, I believe and I will follow the Lord God?”  If yes… hooray, rejoice…bless God for saving you. If not, maybe today is the day. Maybe you are open today to say, “Yes, I believe and I will follow You, Lord God?”

If you still have thoughts or questions holding you back from allegiance to the God of the Bible, then drop me an email if you like and we can chat about this one-on-one.

Lord, thank You for the way You orchestrate the events of our lives to bring us to places where we are presented with opportunity to receive and confess Jesus as Savior and Lord. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment