Wednesday, January 9: Genesis 8- To be remembered.

Have you ever been forgotten? I can’t say that I have but I have been the forgetter. On a mission trip in Mexico, a group of us went to a market, which was not is a great section of Juarez. When we were finished, we jumped into our van and headed back to our compound. After a few minutes we realized that we left a woman behind. No cell phones, we doubled back as quickly as we could. Thank God she was safe.
One day after worship my wife and I, who had driven separately, realized when we got home that neither of us had our youngest son. I was the last to leave so I had messed up and forgotten him. I was embarrassed when 30 minutes later I returned to the church to pick him up!
To be forgotten is a lonely place… and can be a fear-filled place, too.
Have you ever had a birthday or big event go by and no one remembers?  That is a lonely place. We feel so insignificant…
Moses begins his telling of this with the words, But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, … (1)
God remembered!
After surviving the devastating flood and waiting out receding waters, Noah could easily have felt abandoned. What’s next God?  Where will we live? How will we survive? Will we ever get out of the ark? Questions bombard us when we are lonely and fearful…
But God remembered Noah…
To be remembered… is a gift and a delight. To be remembered fills our heart and mind and soul.
God remembered Noah
I sat and pondered God remembering me! Oh, what a thought!
I am loved and cared for by a remembering God. A God, the God who never, in fact, forgets! Good news…you, too, are remembered by the Lord!
Praise to the Lord the Almighty, the King of Creation!
Lord, God, thank You for never forgetting me. Better still, thank You for remembering me. Praise You, Lord God Almighty, Praise You. Amen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment