Monday, January 7: Genesis 6- What would I do if I were Noah?.

After reading this chapter I began to wonder what I would have done if I were Noah? What I wondered about was if I would obey God’s command if it were as strange and seemingly irrational as God’s Words must have seemed to Noah. Flood the earth… build an ark… put two of every creature on the ark… God will destroy all life except the people and animals on the ark. I mean that would be mind-blowing today. What must it have been like for Noah?
Would I have obeyed? I just don’t know.
God says, ‘Make disciples of all nations’.  What am I doing about that?
God says, ‘Love my neighbor’.  Do I do that?
If I am not particularly good at these commands, what would make me think I would have listened to God, built an ark and loaded it as God said?
Obedience, Noah is a model of obedience…
God, forgive me because I am not a model of obedience. Forgive me, Lord. Forgive me.
Show me, Lord, what I should do to train myself for service and obedience to You.
This is my prayer as I begin my 2013 journey with You. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment