Friday, May 23: 1Samuel 30-Where do you turn when life is hard.

Where do you run when heartache is heavy? Where do you go when trouble strikes?

Homes destroyed, family members carried off and kidnapped, belongings and livestock stolen, this is what David and his men found when they came home. Their lives were decimated.

They wept until they had no more tears (4). The men spiraled into bitterness against David. But David found strength in the LORD his God (6).

That sentence gripped me. God, it seems, was speaking with me.  “Bill, here is a man after My heart!” When the stuff of life hits and hits HARD, David turned to the Lord. “Bill, this is a lesson to learn….”

Not only did David find strength in the Lord, he sought the Lord for direction, “Lord, what shall I do? Pursue the raiders”… (see 8-9).

In times of crisis God will lead and guide. Question is, do I (we) turn to Him for direction and advice??? David did. My second tidbit for this morning.

Lord, help me to grow in dependence upon You. Help me to trust You in the storms, to seek You, listen to You and follow You during the storms and sunny days of life. Lord, help me to turn to You as first resort, not last resort. This I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment