Saturday, May 10: 1Samuel 19- Running for his life.

Where does the notion come from that a Christ-follower will have life easy? As I watch the saints of the scriptures I see very few who had a cushy life. Most God-followers, in both the OT and NT, endured times of difficulty. These trials, it seems, helped form their faith.

As I was reading about David’s escape from Saul, I thought, “What a beginning?!” Ever since he was anointed by Samuel, David’s life has been a whirlwind. And for much of the time, despite his military successes or maybe because of them, Saul has been looking to kill him.

The road of faith, more often than not, is a difficult road. Jesus refers to it as a narrow way (Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.)

David ran to Samuel. It is comforting to have trusted advisors and friends as we walk the road of faith, people we can turn to when faith’s road is hard and long.

Who do you turn to when life hits a difficult patch?

Who are your trusted friends and/or advisors?

Thank the Lord for them... they offer a firm foothold during slippery times!

Lord, I thank You for those people I can turn to when I need a hand, a steady voice, a shot of courage and perseverance. Throughout my faith journey, You have always had people there for me. I praise and thank You for that, Lord.

Your way can be tough, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I am Yours… Lead me as You wish. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment