Thursday, May 1: 1Samuel 11- It is not how you begin.

This chapter tells the story of Saul’s first kingly exploit and it is a smashing success. He calls all Israel to come and save Jabesh who is being threatened by the Amorites. They win a decisive victory and in the end all Israel gather to affirm Saul as king. A great day! A great beginning!!!

Sadly, I know the Saul’s kingship doesn’t continue to ride the wave of success, but that is for another chapter.

What hit me, as I read this account, is that it is not how you begin, but how you continue and end that matters! This speaks to me about my faith, about my relationships and about my work…

Lord, as I ponder this thought, I ask You to help me to be a finisher… a person who continues and finishes well the things I start! Oh, God, help me… help me to do more than start well, but to finish well in all areas of my life. Lord, I pray this in Jesus’  name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment