Thursday, May 15: 1Samuel 23- Learn to ask.

David was a military man, ready to jump into action when he learned of brethren in trouble. But what I love about David is the way he consults with the Lord before jumping into action. Verse 2, 4, and 9-12 are three examples in this chapter where David pauses to inquire of the Lord before he rushes into action.

Men of action often jump first and then seek advice. Not David. Even though his heart was bent toward action, he apparently understood that the Lord offered wisdom and would direct David if David took the time to ask.

David not only asked, he acted according to the response the Lord gave. Oh, the trouble he avoided by seeking the Lord first (see 9-13).

What a great word this is for me…

ü      Learn to cultivate a heart and mind that seeks the Lord first before jumping into action!

ü      Learn to live in connection and communication with the Lord all the time, so that seeking the Lord first is as normal as breathing.

Lord, thanks for this word and this reminder today. Help me not to shelve it but to live it as I move through today and my tomorrows. David is such a good example for me to seek You before I act. He truly was a ‘man after Your own heart.’ I pray, Lord, that I can grow to be more like that… seeking You, loving You, communicating with You and consulting with You regularly about all things.

This is my prayer… In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment