Monday, May 19: 1Samuel 26- Staying the honorable course.

Running for one’s life certainly gets old. Hiding out, keeping one step ahead of your pursuers, finding ways to make a living, moving on over and over again. This was David’s life.

And for the second time God delivers His pursuer into His hand and yet, out of respect for the Lord and His anointed, David refuses to kill Saul.

Maintaining honor for the long haul, that was David’s decision despite the voices of his lieutenants!

Keeping to the right path when all the voices, even trusted voices, are shouting change course takes internal fortitude. Doing the right thing in the eyes of the Lord can often be difficult in our world, which doesn’t acknowledge the Lord or follow His ways.

Such was David’s choice… and I pray that is my choice as well. Are you willing to strive for doing things the Lord’s way, no matter the consequences?

Think about it…

Lord, I pray for strength and fortitude to live for You today. There will be temptations to compromise. Help me to stand strong in You. Give me the fortitude David showed when he rebuked Abishi and would not take Saul’s life.

I pray this through Jesus, my Lord, who walked Calvary’s road in obedience to Your will and way. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment