Tuesday, May 27: 2Samuel 2- Staying connected with the Lord.

It was the very first sentence that arrested my attention. In the course of time, David inquired of the LORD. "Shall I go up to one of the towns of Judah?" he asked…

David inquired of the Lord. David sought God’s direction. David checked in with the Lord before proceeding.

It hit me. Here we see the heart of David. No fanfare. No grand stage. No prophet looking over his shoulder. From his heart came the desire to check in with the Lord before proceeding.

A simple statement, yet it points to a profound personal behavior. David stayed connected with God and desired God’s direction and leading.

Another example of a ‘man after God’s own heart!’

David’s example caused me to look at my own life. Do I do as David did? Really, do I?

Lord, to be a man after Your own heart… may that be true of me, Lord. May it be true of me.

Lord, where I need to grow and mature… work in me. Where I need more dedication and persistence in following and seeking You… encourage me. Where I need deeper personal self-examination… enlighten me.

Lord, I pray this so that I might be a tool in Your hand for reaching the nations and bringing glory to Your name. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment