Wednesday, May 21: 1Samuel 28- Forsaking the Lord for anything expedient .

Reading this chapter I remembered a verse from Ecclesiastes, When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider… (Ecc. 7:14a). The second clause is what came to mind. When times are bad, consider… when things are bad consider your life, consider what’s going on and evaluate your life.

This is one thing that Saul did not do. When the Lord would not answer him, instead of considering his life and walk with the Lord, Saul turned to a medium! That’s right, Saul turned to something detestable to the Lord!!!

His true colors are now truly showing through and he is forsaking the Lord for anything expedient.

The Spirit’s whisper came to me. “Bill, want to avoid Saul’s fate? Remember My Word. When times are bad, consider…. Bill, when you begin to stray listen to my voice I will call you home. Monitor your life and consider your ways, and come back to Me.”  

Thank You, Lord, for this wisdom. It is sad that Saul didn’t follow Your Word and Your advice. Help me, Lord, not to point fingers at Saul or anyone, but rather to pay attention to my life. Lord, help me to regularly evaluate my life according to Your Word and way and admit to You when I have slipped off the mark and am heading in the wrong direction.

Forgive my sins and cleanse me that I might life fully devoted to You. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment