Friday, October 10: 1John 5- Love for God.

My eyes latched on to the simplicity of John’s description for love. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands (1-3a).

What is love for God? What is faith in Jesus? Loving God and carrying out his commands. In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands

This is where I spent my thought time and meditations today… Love for God = keeping His commands. And so I pondered God’s commands, from the 10 commandments to loving brothers to sisters to loving my enemies. And then I asked myself, “How am I doing keeping these commands?”

How are you doing keeping God’s commands?

Lord, I am a very mixed bag when it comes to keeping Your commands. Forgive me where I sin. Oh, I need Your forgiveness. Strengthen me where I am weak and fall sometimes. Grace me where I am strong, that pride won’t go to my head. I surrender my life to You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment