Thursday, October 23: Revelation 9- A heavy heart.

As the trumpets sound, the intensity of the wrath of God increases. I can form no mental pictures of what is described? I cannot fathom the pain, the destruction, the devastation. God’s wrath is a horrible thing…

My heart breaks, even as my eyes fill with tears, thinking of some people near and dear to me who do not believe in God of the Scriptures. They know I believe, we’ve spoken and shared but their heart remains shut to Jesus. My heart is heavy for theirs is the fate described but they remain blinded to this. And I am sad about this.

Returning to the text the closing paragraph only piles on my heavy heart. The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts (20-21). So many will not repent of their lives lived against the Lord.

Lord, I pray for this blog that it would strengthen those who believe in You and be an invitation to any who read who do not yet believe in You.  May something I say spark a desire to know You.

Lord, I pray for my church that we live as winsomely as possible, inviting those we know and the community in which we live, to believe in You.

I pray for myself that through my life others will come to know You.

In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment