Tuesday, October 21: Revelation 7- Where is my devotion?.

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.” … Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?” I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb (9-10, 13-14).

So many thoughts… I sit in comfort and here John sees a multitude no one could count, martyrs for the faith. It matters not to me if this great tribulation is a major event still to come or represents all the time between Jesus’ crucifixion and second coming. What hit me is that so many suffer and die for the faith and I sit in comfort. I wonder, “Lord, can I sacrifice my money for You?” I wonder, “If, Lord, so much of my free time is ‘me time’, where is my giving? Where is my dedication? Where is my devotion to the Lamb and the One who sits on the throne?” This multitude, this throng of people no one could count, gave everything!

I wonder about vacation and holiday. There are people who wonder if they will have a next meal. Where is my devotion to the Lord?

The people in the white robes and the sacrifice and devotion they showed dominated my meditations. Their reward was to be in the presence of the Lord where they were saying:

“Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen! (12)”

They were delighted and blessed to be in God’s presence. Being in His presence was enough reward for them. WOW! What a thought!

Lord, I feel shallow in my faith… shallow in that it doesn’t cost me what it cost these white robed saints in the book of Revelation.

Lord, is this real or false guilt. Let me know, Lord. Let me know. Amen

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment